Welcome Parents and Carers
We value and encourage close links between home and school and believe that a strong partnership benefits learning
- In school we use "Class Dojo" messaging system to keep in touch with home and to encourage positive learning behaviours. All classes are linked to Class Dojo enabling parents and carers to receive information about all aspects of school. Messages can be sent privately between parents and teachers aswell as providing whole class information.
- Mrs Bickerdike and Miss Moorhouse (School Administrators) also run a text messaging system to get important information out to you efficiently and in a timely manner. Please make sure we have up to date contact information at all times.
- School sends out weekly electronic newsletter with information and weekly news bulletins; success stories and celebrations.
- We are actively reducing our paper consumption so please make sure we have all your contact details and visit the website for up to date information about all things school!
- Please keep in close contact wth staff to share important information about your child to help in the learning process.
- Please do not hesitate to come into school at any time if you have any questions or concerns.Parents are welcome into school on a daily basis before and after lessons to stay in contact with their child's ongoing work. Appointments are required to plan time for discussions when needed. However please contact school directly whenever the need arises to ensure our partnership between home and school remains strong.
Helping with Reading at Home
- Reading is the most essential skill and at Haverigg we make it a high priority. Reading at home each day with your child is essential, not only in developing their reading skills but also to ensure they develop a love of books. This in turn builds their voculary, writing skills and knowledge base. Our message is - Keep Reading!
We run workshops for parents in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 on how we teach reading and writing through building up a secure knowledge of sounds (phonics). They are always well attended and great fun!
We aim to teach the children at Haverigg Primary School how to behave well and to be considerate and self-disciplined individuals.
We highlight different values throughout the year to provide children with the language and understanding to maintain these values.
Tweets by Haverigg Primary School